Class B CDL DriverAces High Waste
Steamboats leader in waste and recycling collection is looking for motivated employees for the following position CDL B Driver We offer great pay and benefits, including yearly bonuses.
Class B Truck Driver Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned delivery vehicle.
- Drive vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs.
- Pull a towed weight under 10,000 lbs.
- Ensure trailer hitch is properly and securely attached to tractor unit.
- Transport pallet goods and packages from place of origin to assigned destination.
- Pick-up loads and organize goods in an ordered, logical manner.
- Ensure contents are properly secured inside of truck to prevent breakage or damage.
- Safely and efficiently handle and unload goods at selected destinations.
- Obtain signatures or warehouse scans to confirm and complete deliveries with clients.
- Assist warehouse staff and customers with loading and unloading processes.
- Map delivery routes to ensure timely deliveries.
- Communicate with dispatch as needed.
- Confirm contents of each shipment load matches the manifest document.
- Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip.
- Check weather conditions and road reports before departure.
- Always ensure your vehicle is kept clean.
- Maintain and service vehicle as needed (refuel, change oil, tire pressure, repairs, etc.)
- Notify managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered.
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs.
- Track and report working hours.
- Adhere to company rules and regulations.
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions.
- Comply with ICC and DOT regulations.
- Make safety a priority at all times.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.