School Bus Driver
AFTON CENTRAL SCHOOL
NOTICE OF VACANCY: SCHOOL BUS DRIVER
The Afton Central School District is seeking a full time bus driver. The successful candidate will be appointed to a regular probationary appointment as soon as possible.
Responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
1) Safe operation of district-owned school bus to transport children to and from school.
2) Occasional trips for after school and extra-curricular activities would be scheduled on a rotating basis. Some assignments may involve weekend driving.
3) The driver must be available between 6:30 and 9:00 a.m. and from 2:00 to 4:30 p.m. on a daily basis.
4) Salary based on contract and experience; subsequent increases and terms and conditions of employment are spelled out in the agreement between the Non-Instructional Employees Association and the Board of Education. This is a 10- month position.
1) Must possess a valid N.Y.S. CDL Class B driver's license with (PS) Passenger and School Bus Endorsement, or will train.
2) Completion of 30-hour basic instruction course within one year of appointment.
3) Completion of Safety Refresher Courses as required.
4) Good driving record.
5) Satisfactory completion of physical examination and fingerprinting requirements.
6) Ability to provide necessary supervision of children.
7) Satisfactory background investigation.Interested persons are asked to send a school application, 19A application, Civil Service application and 3 letters of reference by clicking APPLY within.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Afton Central School applications are available in the District Office or on the school’s website under the District tab, Employment section.