Short Haul DriverAGCO Corporation
Truck Driver - Short Haul
AP/GSI Sioux City
Full-time with Benefits
Straight Trucks w/Knuckle Booms
Delivering feed bins to job sites
Class A CDL/2 yrs. exp.
Clean driving record
Current MVR Requested
Sioux City truck drivers are responsible for delivering AP products to job sites. This includes the operation of knuckle booms to off-load product and anchoring of bulk feed tanks. The drivers must have a clean driving record and have a CDL-A. Drivers will be required to assist in loading product at warehouse, plus other warehouse duties as needed.
- Safely and effectively load and offload products.
- Effectively deliver product to job sites and communicate with office, warehouse, fellow drivers, and site personnel
- Ensure trucks and equipment are properly inspected and maintained.
- Operate knuckle booms, hammer drills, impact guns, and other related equipment
- Advises managers and supervisors on issues including safety, security, employee relations, scheduling, and training. Adheres to all company policies.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Performs miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
- Ensure compliance with company standards and cost control, waste reduction, Safety, and complete on-time delivery at the lowest possible cost.
- Make safety a part of daily work activities
- Follow all DOT and FMCSA regulations
- Follow appropriate safety rules and procedures.
- Recognize and facilitate the elimination of any unsafe acts or conditions within the facility.
- Report all near-misses, incidents, injuries, illnesses,
including mobile equipment and property damage.
- Participate in annual driver safety training
High School diploma or equivalent
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum age of 21 years
- Valid CDL A Driver license
- 2+ years of truck driving experience
- Must have a current medical card
- Must have and maintain a clean driving record
- Ability to take instruction and work in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally
This job generally operates outdoors in a yard lot and rural job sites, in addition to the warehouse. This role will require the use of electronic logging devices. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme weather conditions in the work environment. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands or arms. The position is subject to lifting objects weighing over 25 pounds occasionally.
The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
Limited overnight travel would be required as most deliveries allow for return to Sioux City at night.