Drivers/Sub DriversAll Aboard School Transportation
All Aboard School Transportation at Hamshire-Fannett ISD is looking for Drivers/Sub Drivers. Must be 21 years of age. Must have a class A or B CDL with a P and S endorsement or be able to acquire one. We do offer training. Must be able to pass background and drug test. Part-time, guaranteed 20 hours/week with opportunity for more hours. Starting at $16.50 /hour.
School bus drivers are responsible for operating a school bus and transporting school-aged children and other authorized personnel safely and efficiently over specified routes to and from schools and various activities. Position conducts pre-trip inspections; observes safety regulations and policies; enforces student discipline on the bus; and performs related work.
1. Checks with the dispatcher or transportation supervisor for any changes in normal duties or new student passengers.
2. Ensures that the bus can be operated safely before driving and conducts pre-trip safety inspections as required by federal and Texas laws to include observing visual defects and checking operating systems to include brakes, horn, lights, emergency flashers, extended stop arms, and door-opening devices.
3. Operates the vehicle safely over an assigned route, picking up and delivering only authorized students at assigned bus stops, and watches to ensure that no one hurrying for the bus is left behind.
4. Keeps assigned time schedules, which may require driving during pre-day light and dusk periods, and makes every effort to be on time while ensuring safety.
5. Obeys all traffic laws and transportation practices as outlined in the CDL manual, Bus Driver Handbook, School Board Policy and local ordinances.
6. Observes all mandatory safety regulations for school buses and keeps all emergency exits clear of obstructions.
7. Secures wheelchairs, car seats, and other restraining devices on the bus as needed.
8. Maintains student discipline on the bus and enforces rules governing student conduct.
9. Reports undisciplined students to the proper authority and compiles written reports as requested in accordance with the bus driver handbook.
10. Conducts semi-annual bus evacuation drills as required and implements evacuations as required in an emergency to include safely exiting from the rear of the school bus.
11. Reports all accidents immediately, requesting police or ambulance service as needed; assists injured persons until services arrive; and completes required accident reports.
12. Notifies the proper authority in cases of mechanical failure, safety deficiencies, when off schedule, or other incidents.
13. Regulates heating, cooling, and ventilating equipment provided on the bus for the comfort of passengers.
14. Drives students and teachers on field trips, extracurricular activities, and other special events, often in evenings and at night, as assigned.
15. Exercises responsible leadership and appropriate behavior when on out-of-division school trips.
16. Returns the bus to the assigned bus lot, performs a final inspection, and secures the bus according to procedures.
17. Participates in all required training.
18. Submits to drug testing when required.
19. Maintains a commercial driver's license as required by the Texas Department of Transportation.
20. Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.