Positions are open at all of our locations in and around Jamestown. Requires a Commercial Driver’s License with acceptable driving history and current DOT physical; HNT endorsements preferred. Particular and very detail-oriented is essential. Competitive wages and home every night. Pay depends on experience.
Click apply today for all the details to be considered.
To assist in the yard or office as needed and to construct projects in a manner that will optimize the market share and savings, improve the efficiency, help achieve the mission and goals, and result in customer service.
The responsibilities involve carpentry, maintaining inventories, maintaining the yard, customer service, and other duties as assigned by management.
The yard worker/truck driver will maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork and a favorable image.
Yard Worker Duties
- The yard worker will assist the yard supervisor in maintaining inventories.
- Customer service involves assisting customers at the counter.
- Serve customers in a friendly and courteous manner while ensuring that all sales are properly recorded.
- The yard worker will uphold cooperative policies, perform other duties as assigned by management, and will enforce and uphold the cooperative’s credit policy.
Truck Driver Duties
- Deliver product to and pick up product from specified locations
- Develop and maintain an efficient routing system
- Ensure sales tickets are made out prior to loading or delivery
- Develop and maintain an organized and efficient loading and unloading system
- Unload merchandise according to customers' requests
- Verify all items listed on the work order or sales ticket are loaded and delivered
- Provide the customer with an accurate sales ticket and collect payment if needed
- Communicate safe storage and handling procedures to customers
- Ensure reporting is up to date to include invoicing all product deliveries promptly and accurately, submitting daily trip reports, and informing your supervisor of outstanding conditions.
- Deliver quality service which involves maintaining customer service that will result in greater sales.
- Deliver orders safely to include using extreme caution.
- Observe OSHA, state, and federal safety regulations
- Follow all company and regulatory agency safety policies
- Maintain a valid commercial driver’s license
- Operate and maintain the delivery vehicle
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Including but not limited to prolonged periods of standing and sitting, working in confined spaces and from heights, bending, kneeling, climbing stairs and ladders, working in a variety of conditions (heat, cold, dust, etc), lift up to 65 pounds unassisted.