Class A CDL Drivers
Class A CDL Drivers
Allied Building Stores, Inc. (ABS), located in Monroe, Louisiana is a wholesaler of lumber and building materials. ABS is 100% owned by its Dealer members, each of who operates an independent retail lumber business or home center in our twelve-state service area. ABS neither owns Dealers nor sells lumber or building materials directly to the public. The basic purpose of the company is to serve as a central purchasing agent for its Dealers. Our mission since 1965 at ABS is to enhance its members' abilities to compete favorably in the marketplace by reducing the costs of goods and services that each dealer must purchase in order to operate.
- Must have at least (12) twelve months of verifiable tractor trailer experience, two plus years preferred. Previous experience with flatbed trailers and/or curtain side trailers a plus!
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment DOT drug screen, background investigation, and post-offer physical examination.
- State and Federal regulations govern the qualifications and standards for truck drivers. All drivers must comply with Federal regulations and any State regulations exceeding Federal requirements.
- Truck drivers must have a current valid class "A" CDL issued by the State in which they live, and an MVR that meets or exceeds company insurability standards
- Ongoing maintenance of an acceptable driving record, CDL license, and CDL medical certification is a condition of employment.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English well enough to converse, understand traffic signs, respond to official inquiries and fill out required forms and reports
- Must be willing to run electronic logs
ABS drivers are home every weekend from Friday afternoons until Sunday, uninterrupted.
ABS offers competitive compensation package that includes:
- Pay Per Practical Route Mile - Many companies in the trucking industry use what is referred to as "Short Route Miles". Our Practical Route Miles reflect about two (2) to four (4) percent more miles - for which you are paid - and more accurately represent your actual route.
- Load Pay
- Stop Pay
- Cell Phone Allowance
- Paid Orientation and Training
- Years of Service Award Program
- Safety Incentive Award Program
- Discounts on Company Products and Services
- Performance / Pay Evaluations Annually
- Company Paid TWIC Card
- Company Paid DOT Physicals and Renewals
- ABS Paid Leave Benefits
- 8 paid holidays a year, including being home on Thanksgiving and Christmas days.
- 6 paid sick days accrued throughout the year with rollover of unused leave.
- Vacation - based on years of service
- 1st year PTO time, available before vacation is accrued
- Up to 4 hours a month additional leave pay
- Jury Duty
- An excellent benefits package that includes:
- Health - multiple options are provided with company cost sharing for employee and dependents. Tax deferred payroll deduction options are also available
- Dental Insurance - 100% paid for employee with tax deferred payroll deduction options for dependent coverage
- Vision Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance - 100% paid by ABS for employee
- No Cost Life Insurance - Employee, Spouse and Dependent Child(ren) up to qualifying age.
- 401K Plan including Employee Matching and Employer Contributions - Rollover Options Available
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts & Dependent Care Accounts
- Health Savings Plan (HSA)
- Payroll Deducted Optional Insurance Plans Available - short term disability, accident, cancer, intensive care, life, and much more.
- Quality of Life Programs include:
- Passenger / Rider Program
- Pet Policy
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Wellness initiatives, company sponsored birthday & anniversary recognition, holiday celebrations and much more.
- Driver Extras:
- Drivers are assigned a primary vehicle with no slip-seating
- Pike Pass, E-Z Toll and Pre-Pass
- 2018 or newer trucks with refrigerators
- Stay in a Southern 13 States Area
- Dispatchers who know you by name
- Open door policy with ALL members of management!
Click "Apply" today!