B Shift-Production Lead - Alma Kansas
The Alma plant has an opening for a Production Lead with opportunities for overtime and Retention Bonus up to $1000. Successful candidates will work in our food processing production facility located in Alma,KS, and enjoy competitive wages along with a comprehensive benefits package. Position is available on 2nd (2:30PM-11:30PM). Weekend work is required. Incumbents are responsible for learning/supervising/training a wide variety of jobs and duties across our plant such as: grinding, batching, and stuffing products, operating forklifts, slicing, boxing, and palletizing product, verifying quality and accuracy of products, all while making people safety and food safety the number one priority. Position will supervise approximately 15-30 employees. This position aligns an incumbent to step into a salaried supervisory position when one becomes available. Attendance, communication, and supervisory skills are key.
- Assist supervisors in the packaging area to ensure production employees attain established performance goals (e.g. quality, yields, efficiency, etc.). 50% of time allocation.
- Example -- The incumbent will lead and direct employees on the line to keep lines running. The incumbent will actively and effectively communicate production changes, will shift personnel to maximize efficiencies when the department is on delay, and will streamline product changeovers. The incumbent will not perform line work on a regular basis, but may train employees, maintain knowledge of jobs, and provide relief to production employees occasionally.
- Assist supervisors in coaching and training employees on job requirements. 10% of time allocation.
- Example -- The incumbent is responsible for ensuring employees are trained in the proper operational procedures required for manufacturing products to predetermined specifications. The incumbent is responsible for exhibiting leadership to team members in the identification of improvement and goal setting.
- Assist production supervisors in assuring all safety procedures are being followed. 10% of time allocation
- Example -- The incumbent looks for methods to reduce risk of injury, improve ergonomic efficiency, and maintain an overall safe work environment. The incumbent is responsible for identifying hazards and for demonstrating leadership in knowledge of monthly safety topics and plant safety practices.
- Assist in the monitoring of quality control process by ensuring the manufacturing of safe and wholesome products. 15% of time allocation.
- Example -- The incumbent is knowledgeable in GMP and HACCP requirements, and ensures that procedures and employees conform to company policies in these areas. The incumbent is also responsible for maintaining a satisfactory environment, which includes monitoring and ensuring proper sanitation practices of employees. The incumbent takes appropriate action when critical control points have been exceeded or compromised.
- Assist in maintaining equipment to minimize repairs and downtime. 15% of time allocation.
- Example – The incumbent actively and effectively communicates with the mechanical department by strategically ensuring repair needs are identified, prioritized, and addressed. The incumbent also assists in identifying methods for labor and equipment cost reduction.
The incumbent will be exposed to all the hazard associated with a production floor environment not limited to the following (temperatures average 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit, wet slippery floors, mechanical equipment, working with or around chemicals used to sanitize the facility and loud noise exposure) PPE required to include but limited to hard hat, safety glasses and hearing protection. When required by specific job other PPE will need to be worn.
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Alma team! At the Alma plant, Employee Safety and Food Safety are our top priorities! We believe every employee has the responsibility to maintain a safe working environment by closely following our safety policies and actively engaging in our safety culture. Also, by adhering to the highest food safety standards, our manufacturing facility is able to produce quality, wholesome foods to our consumers. Benefits: Our benefits package includes a comprehensive health insurance plan, prescription drug plan, dental and vision plan, 401(k) with company match, pension plan, employee assistance and wellness plan, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, vacation and holiday pay, and educational assistance. New Employees at our facility are immediately place on a 3 month probationary period. During this time, employee attendance and performance are closely monitored. Management reserves the right to move and employee to a different open position anywhere in our facility to meet the needs of the business. We appreciate our consideration of our company as your next employer and look forward to hearing from you! If you need assistance completing the online application, please visit your nearest Workforce Development office