General Production Workers - up to 1000 Sign-On Bonus
The Alma plant has an opening for General Workers with opportunities for overtime and Retention Bonus up to $1000. Successful candidates will work in our food processing production facility located in Alma,KS, and enjoy competitive wages along with a comprehensive benefits package.
Positions are available on 1st (6 AM-2 PM) and 2nd (3 PM-11 PM). Weekend work is required.
Incumbents are responsible for learning a wide variety of jobs and duties across our plant such as: grinding, batching, and stuffing products, operating forklifts, slicing, boxing, and palletizing product, verifying quality and accuracy of products, all while making people safety and food safety the number one priority.
- Follow all company rules for food safety and employee safety.
- The ability to read and write to complete job related paperwork.
- The willingness & ability to drive a forklift consistent with company standards.
- The ability to use a computer to complete job related tasks.
- The ability to perform repetitive hand & wrist motion throughout a shift.
- The ability to lift/push/pull 50+lbs as required throughout the course of a shift.
- The ability to twist and bend the body as necessary to perform job related tasks.
- The ability to kneel/squat/climb as necessary to complete job related tasks.
- The ability to perform grasping & pinching motions to complete job related tasks.
- Refrigerated environment - temperatures average 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Alma team! At the Alma plant, Employee Safety and Food Safety are our top priorities! We believe every employee has the responsibility to maintain a safe working environment by closely following our safety policies and actively engaging in our safety culture. Also, by adhering to the highest food safety standards, our manufacturing facility is able to produce quality, wholesome foods to our consumers.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes a comprehensive health insurance plan, prescription drug plan, dental and vision plan, 401(k) with company match, pension plan, employee assistance and wellness plan, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, vacation and holiday pay, and educational assistance.
New Employees at our facility are immediately place on a 3 month probationary period. During this time, employee attendance and performance are closely monitored. Management reserves the right to move and employee to a different open position anywhere in our facility to meet the needs of the business.
We appreciate our consideration of our company as your next employer and look forward to hearing from you! If you need assistance completing the online application, please visit your nearest Workforce Development office
Alma Foods, is a manufacturing facility owned by Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE: HRL) and produces Hormel® refrigerated entrees, as well as food service barbeque products.
Alma Foods is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.