Maintenance Technician - Alma, Kansas
The Alma plant has an opening for a Maintenance Industrial Utilities Mechanic with opportunities for overtime and Retention Bonus up to $1000. Successful candidates will work in our food processing production facility located in Alma,KS, and enjoy competitive wages along with a comprehensive benefits package. Position is available on 3rd (8:30PM-6:30AM). Incumbents primary role is to operate, maintain, and repair all plant utility systems and equipment with minimal supervision. This includes but is not limited to Freon refrigeration, steam, heat, air conditioning, compressed air, ventilation, and water treatment. This role continuously works to improve the reliability, efficiency, and utilization of plant utility systems in accordance to the standards set up by Hormel and all regulatory requirements. Position is subject to being called into work at all times of the day or night including weekends and holidays.
- Apply industrial maintenance skills and knowledge to install, operate, maintain, and repair plant utility systems (Refrigeration equipment, boilers, compressors, HVAC, fire suppression system, and water treatment equipment)
- Monitor and record system performance, and make adjustments to assure the safe and efficient operation of plant utility systems and equipment
- Assist in the documentation and adherence of regulatory requirements related to utility systems, included but not limited to PSM, waste water, storm water, and environmental.
- Perform the necessary preventative and predictive maintenance programs relating to the plant utility systems.
- Assist in the recommendation, development, and implementation of system modifications to improve equipment operations and provide for attainment of plant and department goals.
- Utilize the Asset Management System (EAM).
- Provide training as needed for less skilled maintenance personnel as it relates to the plant’s utility system and equipment.
- Previous experience with refrigeration and boiler systems.
- Industrial Refrigeration Operator 1 Training
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong pattern of initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task emergency and planned events.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to use a computer and learn the various software programs required for the position.
- Knowledge and adherence to the regulatory programs and documentation ( Waste/Storm Water) required within these utility systems.
- Ability to climb ladders, lift up to 50 pounds, and work in wide range of temperatures (-10 degrees F to 100 degrees F)
- Ability to use powered equipment i.e. forklifts, hi-lifts ect.
The incumbent will be exposed to all the hazard associated with a production floor environment not limited to the following - temperatures average 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit in plant or 90-100 degrees Farenheit in the engine rooms/roof during the summer, wet slippery floors, mechanical equipment, working with or around chemicals used to sanitize the facility and loud noise exposure. PPE required to include but limited to hard hat, safety glasses and hearing protection. When required by specific job other PPE will need to be worn.
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Alma team! At the Alma plant, Employee Safety and Food Safety are our top priorities! We believe every employee has the responsibility to maintain a safe working environment by closely following our safety policies and actively engaging in our safety culture. Also, by adhering to the highest food safety standards, our manufacturing facility is able to produce quality, wholesome foods to our consumers. Benefits: Our benefits package includes a comprehensive health insurance plan, prescription drug plan, dental and vision plan, 401(k) with company match, pension plan, employee assistance and wellness plan, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, vacation and holiday pay, and educational assistance. New Employees at our facility are immediately place on a 3 month probationary period. During this time, employee attendance and performance are closely monitored. Management reserves the right to move and employee to a different open position anywhere in our facility to meet the needs of the business. We appreciate our consideration of our company as your next employer and look forward to hearing from you! If you need assistance completing the online application, please visit your nearest Workforce Development office