Utilizing AMPI tractor and trailer, transports raw milk from farm to processing plant or trucking terminal. Ensuring proper technique, principles, and procedures required by the dairy industry, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the Company.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
1. Operates a commercial motor vehicle in compliance with DOT and AMPI rules, regulations and policies adhering to all safety practices
2. Following schedule and directions from location supervisory personnel, travels to location to transport raw milk
3. Transfers raw milk from farm containers to trailer
4. Takes quality and control samples at farm
5. Measures milk loaded into trailer
6. Follows designated routes and schedules unless otherwise directed by supervisory personnel
7. Takes measures to minimize truck idle times and conserve fuel consumption
8. Maintains positive communications with producers, listens for issues or potential problems, reports producers' comments to transportation and member services management
9. Represents AMPI positively and professionally at all times during interactions with producers, customers, or regulatory personnel
10. Maintain proper documentation in all formats of recordkeeping
11. Assist with general cleaning and housekeeping throughout the plant as needed
12. Adhere to all aspects of company and customer safety, sanitation and site policies.
13. Assists with training new employees;
14. Adhere to all Quality and Food Safety policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity
15. Adhere to all Safety policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity
16. Adhere to all GMP policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
The following are required competencies of the position that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job:
• Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both orally and in writing.
• Ability to write neatly and legibly.
• Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
• Ability to read and record accurate volume and weight measurements.
• Good organization and record keeping skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Ability to adapt effectively within a continually changing and demanding environment
• Must be able to demonstrate an ability and willingness to communicate effectively in order to maintain high levels of Safety, Quality and Efficiency
• Ability to read and comprehend standard operating procedures and company guidelines in order to maintain regulatory compliance
• Ability to understand daily production needs
• Participation in a team environment safely
• Detail oriented, be quality minded
• Able to perform at a high level in a fast paced environment
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• Must have a current CDL (Class A) in state of residence.
• Must have, or be able to obtain, a tanker endorsement.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• An acceptable Motor Vehicle Report is required and must have a minimum of one year recent tractor/trailer experience.
• Two years of recent tractor/trailer experience is preferred
• Must meet all DOT requirements.
• Must be able to work a schedule of 4 days on and 2 days off, with rotating days off.
• MVR: AMPI will not consider applicants that have more than 1 chargeable or preventable motor vehicle accident within the year preceding the date of application.
• AMPI will not consider applicants that have more than 1 conviction for violations of motor vehicle laws (other than violations involving parking only) within the year preceding the date of application.
• DUI: AMPI will not consider applicants who have incurred a DUI or drug and/or alcohol related convictions during the 7 year period preceding the date of application
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical Demands – Normal demands associated with commercial truck driving. Some strenuous work involving lifting, connecting, disconnecting hoses. Ladder climbing to access top of tank trailers and farm tanks. Normal exertion associated with hooking and unhooking trucks and trailers. Employee is frequently (more than 75% of time) required to: use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls, sit; to verbally communicate; and to hear. The employee is occasionally (up to 33% of the time) required to walk and stand. The employee must occasionally (up to 33% of the time) lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment – Employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne participles. Employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Protective Equipment – Personal protective equipment is required depending on the job being performed, including protective eye wear, or face shields, hearing protection, hair and beard nets, uniforms, and boots.