Bus Driver, Maintenance Workers and Custodians
Perform all duties associated with training to be a school bus driver, including but not limited to:
- Successfully complete classroom and testing requirements to obtain NC DMV CDL Class B learner’s permit with P & S endorsements within 1st 60 days of employment.
- Successfully complete behind the wheel training required to obtain NC CDL Class B license with P and S endorsements.
- Successfully obtain Class B CDL with P & S endorsements within 1st 90 days of employment.
- Successfully passing the DOT physical
- Must be eligible to obtain a School Bus Certification (driving record)
- Employee will be moved to a School Bus Driver position within the Asheville City School system once properly licensed.
- Work requires the exertion of 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.