Drivers wanted- Expanding service $18.06 to start after training. Full time hours, 90% company paid benefits available. $2,000 sign on bonus.
Asheville Transit Management is seeking fixed route Bus Operators for Asheville Rides Transit (ART) fixed-route public transit service. The ideal candidate is one who can meet or exceed our standards of safety and customer service, and one who is dependable, reliable, and able to perform in an ever-changing environment. Applicants who possess a CDL Class B (with air brakes) are encouraged to apply. At minimum, a candidate with a CDL Class B permit will be considered for an interview provided a full license can be obtained upon completion of training normally but at this time, if you have a CDL, we can bring you onboard.
Candidate must meet the following requirements:
· Possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
· Be at least 21 years of age
· Possess a valid driver’s license
· Be able to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License ‘CDL’, Class ‘B’ with air brakes
· Have a good driving record
· Pass a pre-employment FTA/DOT drug screen
· Submit to a criminal background check
· Pass an FTA/DOT mandated physical examination
· Comply with FTA/DOT substance abuse regulations and testing requirements
ART operates fixed-route public transit services daily, expecting Bus Operators to work between the hours of 4:30 a.m. to as late as 1:00 a.m., on shifts that vary, depending upon seniority. Asheville Transit Management offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits package.
CDL B (Preferred)
Will accept CDL without endorsement to start