Glass InstallerAuto Glass Masters, LLC
Auto Glass Installer Mobile installer for local shop, 2+ years experience necessary. Ability to cross over to glazing a plus.
Auto glass installers remove and replace damaged windshields and car-window glass. They apply a drying compound along glass edges, fit glass into the vehicle and use rubber strips to weatherproof and hold the window in place, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). Oftentimes, auto glass installers work in conjunction with auto body mechanics, cooperating to repair damaged vehicles in an assembly line setup. Installers may specialize in an individual field and choose to work for an auto glass replacement company. Auto glass installers may also weatherproof windshields in cars, using chemical treatments to strengthen newly installed glass against damage.
Knowledge elements for the Automotive Glass Installer:
• The Automotive Glass Installer needs knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
• The Automotive Glass Installer needs knowledge of equipment, tools, mechanical devices, and their uses to produce motion, light, power, technology, and other applications.
• The Automotive Glass Installer must show their knowledge and prediction of physical principles, laws, and applications including air, water, material dynamics, light, atomic principles, heat, electric theory, earth formations, and meteorological and related natural phenomena.
• The Automotive Glass Installer needs knowledge of design techniques, principles, tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
• The Automotive Glass Installer needs knowledge of the composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.