School Bus Driver
The Avon Public Schools is seeking a School Bus Driver.
The School Bus Driver must have a CDL Class B License with passenger and school bus endorsements and a school bus certificate.
The School Bus Driver reports to the Transportation Coordinator and the Superintendent of Schools. She/he is responsible for providing safe transportation to k-12 students in the Avon Public Schools.
- Provide safe transportation to Avon students who are eligible to be bused to school under school committee policies.
- Provide safe transportation to Avon students for extracurricular trips, including field trips and sporting events.
- Notify the Transportation Coordinator of any mechanical problems with his/her bus or other problems that might impact the transportation of students.
- Report promptly to the bus depot to ensure students will be picked up at their designated time and that the buses are at the school buildings at the proper times.
- Driver is responsible for keeping the inside and outside of his/her bus clean. Buses are to be swept out at the end of each day and any debris left on the bus should be disposed of. Snow and ice removal are the responsibility of the drivers for their bus.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the Transportation Coordinator and/or Superintendent of Schools