The Avon Public Schools is seeking a Transportation Coordinator/Driver.
The Transportation Coordinator/Driver must have a CDL Class B License with passenger and school bus endorsements and a school bus certificate.
The Transportation Coordinator/Driver works directly under the Coordinator of School Business Services. She/he is responsible for the following duties regarding the equipment and transportation of all Avon students who are eligible to be bused under school committee guidelines, as well as, all other extracurricular trips (field trips, sports, etc.) approved by the Superintendent of Schools.
- Layout of routes each year in order to transport all eligible k-12 students to and from school each school day.
- Supervise and act as a direct report for other bus drivers.
- Responsible for making sure drivers report at the proper time to ensure students will be picked up at designated times and the buses arrive at schools at appropriate time.
- Track bus driver's hours and reporting to payroll department
- Conduct annual evaluations of bus driver's performance.
- Check requests for field trips received from the Superintendent to ensure there are no conflicting schedules.
- Coordinate for out of district and requests from private transportation companies.
- Oversee the maintenance and inspection of buses/records
- Other duties as assigned by the Coordinator of School Business or Superintendent