Route DriverBAKERY FEEDS
The Route Driver is responsible for operation of a grease collection and for removal of raw material from customer locations, and a pump truck to collect waste cooking oil.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• Pump or load grease containers; ensure cleanliness of container and surrounding area; returns container with screen and lock secured; notes any damages to container or corral area; properly completes route ticket with customer signature.
• Empties customers grease trap utilizing a company vehicle by pumping trap contents into vehicle. Ensures cleanliness of trap area; cleans all spilled grease if necessary.
• Collects and inspects raw material at time of pick up for any foreign or hazardous material at customer location (Local Runs).
• Required to maintain an Electronic DOT log (PeopleNet).
• Provides customer with receipt of pick-up and obtains signature of management at location.
• Responsible for company vehicle; maintains vehicle in cleanest possible manner; operates vehicle in accordance with Company, federal, state and local regulations.
• Conducts all safety checks and inspections of vehicle; operates vehicle under state, federal, local regulations and in accordance with company policy and procedures; observes all
company safety rules.
• Complete vehicle condition report on a daily basis; operates under all Company safety standards.
• Maintains excellent customer relations by providing quality, professional service at all times.
• Responsible for completing all company required paperwork in accordance with company policies (route tickets, driver vehicle inspection reports, accident reports, mileage reports, service forms, etc.) on a daily basis.
• Responsible for established route as assigned.
• Attendance at all safety meetings required; may be asked to serve on Safety Committee.
• All other duties as assigned by management.
• Must be 21 years of age.
• Communicates clearly in verbal and written form.
• Highly organized; superior time management skills.
• Must possess a valid Class A CDL, with a Tankers Endorsement.
• Ability to maintain composure in difficult situations; adaptable to changing situations.
• Must have a good driving record.
• Ability to work well with internal staff and external customers.
• Ability to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers.
• High school diploma required.
• 2 years of prior experience operating a commercial vehicle in route delivery.
• Prior route experience within a customer oriented environment preferred.
• Experience with truck hydraulics a plus.
• Constantly required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
• Frequently required to sit for extended periods.
• Regularly required reach with hands and arms.
• Occasionally push, pull, up to 100 lbs.
• Frequently must push, pull, move or lift up to 75 lbs. repeatedly.
• Ability to work weekends and/or Overtime as need.
Job functions will be carried out in a commercial motor vehicle, customer locations, and plant environment.
view original posting