Want to join a team that’s going places?
Ben Franklin Transit is looking to hire Bus Operators to join the Operations team! This individual will operate fixed-route buses in the Benton and Franklin County service area and perform a full range of activities to ensure the safe, timely, and professional transportation of passengers. For more information about this position and to apply, visit https://www.bft.org/careers/
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent and be 21 years of age plus five years of driving experience. Must possess a valid Washington State driver license. STARTING SALARY$19.14 per hour, $39,811.20 per year.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities/KSA
- Drive vehicle over specified routes or to specified destinations to transport passengers adhering to established time schedules; comply with traffic regulations ensuring passenger safety.
- Provide courteous and respectful behavior to passengers; respond to questions regarding fares, schedules, routes, and transfer points.
- Pick up and drop off passengers at designated bus stops; collect fares, tickets, and transfers; validate passes.
- Conduct a thorough visual pre-and post-trip inspections on assigned bus and equipment following Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations; report malfunctions, damages, or equipment failures accordingly to management.
- Assist passengers, such as elderly or disabled individuals in boarding or departing bus; ensure they are properly seated; load/unload wheelchair/mobility device and secure appropriately.
- Troubleshoot enroute problems; notify dispatch regarding mechanical issues, potential safety concerns, traffic problems, road hazards, and accidents.
- Promote passenger safety and BFT's Code of Conduct; handle passenger conflicts and disruptive passengers; respond to medical emergencies; notify dispatch when assistance is needed.
- Implement Agency protocols in the event of vehicle or non-vehicle-involved accidents.
- Announce stops using public address system; keep passengers informed of delays.
- Complete paperwork including timesheets, day card, arrival and departure times, occurrence/incident reports, passenger counts, types of fares used, and log books.
- Perform special service assignments, bus bridges, fill services and acts as replacement driver; assist in training new drivers.
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle.
- Work with and maintain confidential information.
- Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
BFT IS AN EEO EMPLOYER