Business Operations Support Specialist
Want to join a team that’s going places?
Ben Franklin Transit is looking to hire a Business Operations Support Specialist to join the Administrative Services team! This individual will perform a variety of office administrative assignments that require comprehensive knowledge of organizational activities, operations, methods, and business office processes.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Associate’s Degree in Business Administration or related field and three-years of progressively responsible administrative experience providing office and administrative support to management or executive staff; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field and three-years of related experience. Experience in a public transportation organization is desired.
For more information about this position and to apply, visit https://www.bft.org/careers/
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent proofing, spelling, grammar, and punctuation to complete assignments.
- Deal tactfully with others; establish effective relationships with those encountered during work.
- Type a variety of documents such as reports, financial statements, meeting minutes, technical specifications, correspondence, and other documentation relevant to assigned work unit.
- Analyze and evaluate data, recognizing patterns.
- Record keeping principles, procedures, and techniques.
- Exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Travel logistics, scheduling, and meeting management.
- Research, compile and summarize a variety of information into a usable format.
- Able to compose concise, factual, and grammatically correct routine correspondence, reports, and various documents; maintain a variety of confidential information, complex files, records, and reports.
- Work in a highly visible and demanding environment adjust to changing priorities and deadlines with poise and confidence.
- Basic understanding of laws, rules, and regulations relevant to assigned work unit.
- Organize and maintain office files; gather and compile information..
- Learn new technologies, policies, procedures, and guidelines established by professional organizations and/or governing agencies.
- Utilize office equipment and other relevant technology (software and systems) to meet business needs.
- Understand, follow, and communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Work as a team member and independently; effectively apply organizational and time management skills; meet deadlines and comply with Agency policies.
- Exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Focus on tasks and recall details; handle frequent interruptions.
BFT IS AN EEO EMPLOYER