Join a team that’s going places!
DispatcherSalary $25.50 – 32.26 Hourly
Seeking a dynamic Dispatcher to support Transit Operations team. As an instrumental team member, the successful candidate will ensure that operators and routes are assigned daily; monitor operator hours, trip status, scheduling and adjust accordingly. May serve as a backup operator when required.
Requirements: High school diploma or GED equivalent; dispatch experience. Type 30 wpm. Must possess a valid driver license. Able to obtain a Commercial Driver License.
Closes 01/19/2021. No phone calls please. EEO/AAP
Nature of the Position
Ben Franklin Transit (BFT) provides exceptional and cost-effective transportation services that consistently exceed customer expectations while promoting the principles and practices of livable communities and sustainable development.
We value customer service, collaboration, diversity, fiscal accountability, innovation, sustainability and safety. Employees and representatives of BFT are expected to uphold our values and mission.
NATURE OF POSITION
Utilize Agency systems to dispatch fixed-route operators per pre-determined schedules. Maximize on-time performance; minimize customer wait times and service disruptions. Coordinate with maintenance in assigning and dispatching vehicles.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities/KSA
- Dispatch the system's vehicles, assign operators, and provide communication link to agency bus operators.
- Assure all routes are filled as assigned and operators are provided with timely instructions.
- Communicate with maintenance personnel on vehicle availability to assign and dispatch.
- Monitor bus operators/drivers and trip status, adjust and reassign as necessary to ensure on-time performance.
- Reschedule trips as necessary in the event of vehicle malfunction, traffic, or emergency situations.
- Assist in monitoring of operator/driver hours and scheduling to ensure compliance with labor agreement.
- Review all forms and documents for accuracy from operators; forwarding to management.
- May assign stand-by or extra bus operators/drivers in the event of absences or increased service volumes, or to minimize service disruptions because of traffic, vehicle malfunctions, operator problems, and/or emergency situations.
- Review operator/driver timesheets for completeness and accuracy before submitting to payroll; track and record attendance.
- Oversee vehicle performance and report mechanical issues to maintenance personnel in a timely manner.
- Complete and maintain a variety of daily reports, forms, and documentation.
- Oversee the quarterly shake-up operator schedule for low-service days.
- Administer Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-related transit requests.
- Open and/or close facility depending on work shift.
- Perform other clerical duties relevant to assigned area of activity.
- Assume duties of Operation Supervisor when needed.
- Work with and maintain confidential information.
- Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.