Maintenance TechnicianBerry Global
Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2018 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic functions of both injection molding equipment, and supporting automation (to include part retrieval and IML automation). This is a key technical support position with opportunity for training, development, and career growth.
Pay starting at $21/hour, more based on experience
- Be a role model of our Values (Partnerships, Excellence, Growth and Safety) and Behaviors (United, Focused, Accountable and Agile).
- Communicate and work with equipment operators, product operators, fellow technicians, other departments and leadership to keep them informed of maintenance problems and activities.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical, mechanical and hydraulic problems on production equipment that uses electro-mechanical relay logic of PLC controls plus hydraulic, pneumatic and related equipment.
- Perform scheduled and preventive maintenance procedures.
- Utilize equipment manuals, analytical skills and test equipment to identify equipment problems and perform repairs.
- Disassemble and repair hydraulic and pneumatic valves and cylinders.
- Assist and participate in Maintenance training programs and on the job training to develop a skilled and efficient maintenance team
- All other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Experience:
- Must perform all duties in a safe and effective manner.
- Preferred 2 year technical degree or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Preferred 2+ years of hydraulic mechanic work experience. Previous experience with Injection Molding Machinery (Husky/Netstal/KM) strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have excellent understanding of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic drawings to assist with troubleshooting equipment problems.
- Team player with excellent attendance, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced production environment.
- Capable of physical mobility including walking, sitting, bending, climbing, twisting, standing, pushing, pulling and lifting/moving (up to 75 pounds). Must be able to work from elevated platforms and ladder lifts.
- Must have 20/20 vision with correction, and be able to differentiate color, to detect defects.
- Must be able to work around grease, oils, and solvents without adverse reaction.
- Able to work in a production environment, recognizing various sounds and alarms.
- Must provide your own tools.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.