Transportation CoordinatorBlack Gold Farms
Black Gold Farms invites you to grow with us! At Black Gold, we strive to provide our employee's work with a purpose. We recognize that our operation relies on many skilled and talented individuals doing many things right to successfully grow, harvest, sell and distribute our crops throughout the United States. We work on the farm, in the field, at the office and on the road. We do what we can to be good stewards of the land, good community members, and good industry partners.
Here at Black Gold Farms, we work hard to ensure that each person that is a part of our team is offered: an opportunity to grow personally and professionally, rewards that include more than earning a salary, impactful work that matters, a culture that includes being a part of our family, and values that extend locally and globally.
Black Gold Farms has been in operation for over 85 years. The company has evolved into a global industry leader in potato production, sales, and service. Please join us in serving our customers, sustaining our business, and feeding the World.
Black Gold Farms in Grand Forks, ND has a great opportunity available for a Transportation Coordinator. Responsibilities of this position include:
1. Procure transportation for product sold through daily interaction with trucking vendors as needed.
2. Communicate with sales department regarding truck availability and loading or delivery problems through daily informal updates.
3. Ensure that growers have bills of lading and ETA's of trucks to be loaded the following day as well as locating trucks that have missed delivery and/or loading appointments. Input loaded weights from growers when paperwork is returned.
4. Perform office functions by entering sales orders as necessary and distribute for double-checking.
5. Back-up sales department as needed.
6. Work with sales department by negotiating freight rates for the benefit of Black Gold Potato Sales and Black Gold Farms.
7. Work with Transportation Manager to procure pre-season commitments from carriers for future shipments from various areas.
8. Handle freight claims and disputes through efficient, timely tracking and resolution.
9. Assist in maintaining current carrier packets.
10. Help with afterhours phone duty as needed in rotation with other employees.
Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred. Experience with transportation and Microsoft Office products is required.
Black Gold has an excellent benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life insurance, a company funded health savings account, short term disability, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, a 401(k) program with company match, paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, retirement bonus, and an incentive program.