Warehouse Associate/Delivery DriverBorder States Electric
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you're empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
This position will be located in: Willmar, MN
- Receives incoming freight and checks the material for damages or shortages. Distributes material to the proper stock locations. Fills special orders and/or backorders as material is received. Follows-up with appropriate departments, carriers and/or vendors on receiving discrepancies, damages and shortages. Maintains a clean and safe working area.
- May assist the City Desk area in providing customer service functions including, but not limited to, order entry, filling orders, processing returns, expediting, technical assistance, Will Call, and other functions, as needed.
- Checks and packs material to be delivered. Should have a full understanding of truck routes and may coordinate deliveries with our own trucks, assigned freight companies or other carriers based on special requests or the best way to ship material. Maintains shipping equipment and keeps work area clean and safe.
- Maintains assigned inventory stock locations making sure the material that is put away has the correct locator and the shelves are kept neat and orderly. Fills orders for delivery to customers. Assists with loading and unloading of trucks. Assures all batched managed material is labeled accurately and inventoried, as needed.
- May provide delivery of material to customer sites. Maintains delivery vehicle in clean, good working condition and monitors maintenance and mileage data. Maintains daily driver logs and vehicle inspection sheets. Must be observant and adhere to all local, state, and federal traffic and safety regulations.
- May be responsible for conducting Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) as part of their daily route.
- Operates and maintains all equipment in a safe manner. Notifies supervisor of any building or equipment maintenance, repair needs and/or any security concerns.
- Informs proper departments of "stock outs", inventory discrepancies and other inventory problems or concerns.
- Performs all aspects of the job as accurately and efficiently as possible while providing exceptional customer service at all times and willingly performs/assists with other duties/projects as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- This position requires the ability to lift over 75 lbs. on an occasional basis, and/or move up to 25 - 50 lbs. on a frequent basis, and/or move up to 0 - 20 lbs. on a constant basis. This position may require constant standing and/or walking and occasional sitting. These physical requirements must be met with or without accommodation.
- Adheres to BSE's mission, values, culture, policies, procedures, service philosophy and standards. Performs all aspects of the job as accurately and efficiently as possible while providing service excellence at all times. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or designate.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 20 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers' needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you're responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?