Local Delivery Driver/ General laborer
POSITION OVERVIEW/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The purpose of this position is to make local deliveries using a small truck and perform other related tasks as requested by management. Deliveries are to local homeowners and farmers and consist of hay bagged grain or landscape materials.
· Safely and efficiently operate small trucks within a 50-mile radius of the company.
· Participate in the loading and unloading of delivery products.
· Inspect vehicle at beginning of each shift prior to moving vehicle.
· Responsible for obtaining payment from COD customers and submitting checks and paperwork upon return.
· Exercises good judgment when faced with weather-related challenges.
· Have or be willing to obtain a Massachusetts Hydraulics License.
· Be courteous to customers and work well with others.
· Read maps and follow directions.
· Communicate by telephone in fluent English with customers when necessary.
· Assist in stocking warehouse, retail store, and carry out other duties as assigned.
· Report accidents and other safety-related incidents to Supervisors and Office/HR Manager.
Assist with and perform on-site duties as necessary, adhere to all policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook, including all safety policies and rules and regulations, and perform other additional duties as requested by management.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Must possess driver’s license and current DOT Medical Certificate.
High School Diploma or GED.
Good driving record a must. Delivery experience helpful.
Individuals must be positive team players and must be able to communicate effectively and in a professional manner with co-workers, customers, and management.
Must pass federal DOT physical Exam, have a clean drug screen, and be willing to comply with our Drug/Alcohol Policy.
Must have dexterity and strength in hands and wrists and be able to hold and maneuver tools and equipment. Must have the ability to reach upwards and outward with arms and hands. Must be able to bend, stand and sit for extended periods of time. Position requires independently lifting, loading, and unloading of tools or equipment up to 50 lbs. Individuals must be able to step up and into, and down/out of heavy equipment vehicles, and trucks to operate, inspect or conduct repairs on said vehicles.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions relevant to the reasonable needs of the company and to perform any other related duties requested by his or her supervisor.