Production Associate - New Junction City Plant
Want to break new ground? Dare to step off the beaten path, join the Road Free crew.
Camso, the Road Free company is active in 27 countries around the world with more than 7,500 dedicated employees located primarily in Asia, Europe and North America. It has 3 R&D centers and 22 manufacturing plants and operates an international distribution network in over 100 countries.
When you choose to work with us, you join a team that’s always on the move to achieve its dream. Want to reach your true career potential and break new ground? Join us where the road ends.
Camso in Junction City, Kansas, have immediate openings for Production Associates. Training will be on 1st Shift and then moving to 2nd Shift – 3:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
These are permanent, full time positions.
This position is responsible for the safety, quality and production of Camso parts and services. They are accountable for ensuring scheduled production is completed in a timely manner and within all safety and quality parameters in line. This position is responsible for the safety, quality and production of Camso parts and services. They are accountable for ensuring scheduled production is completed in a timely manner and within all safety and quality parameters in line.
- Manually assembling production parts using provided machines and tooling.
- Practices safe work habits and adheres to safety procedures and guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of standard work instructions and how they apply to specific responsibilities.
- Follows accurate verbal and written procedures in operating production equipment and performing processing steps; accurately completes appropriate production documentation.
- Identifies, escalates and documents events that deviate from normal operation; participate as needed in investigations.
- Assists with training for less experienced personnel.
- Interacts with other support functions such as Quality and Maintenance.
- Utilizes manufacturing knowledge to improve process operations and affect positive change.
- Demonstrates ability to troubleshoot basic mechanical operations.
- Demonstrated ability to follow verbal and/or written instructions and ideas.
- Adheres to all applicable laws and regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of operational area (5S).
- Demonstrates honesty and treats people with respect and courtesy.
- Operating knowledge of assigned equipment.
- Willingness to cross train in other departments.
- Overtime will be required from time to time and this may require weekends.
- Support the EMS, QMS & H&S systems.
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed by management.
WHO YOU ARE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. required.
- 1-2 years’ experience in manufacturing preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Basic troubleshooting skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to work in a fast pace work environment.
- Able to work in shifts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hold, push, pull, lift and carry items up to 45 pounds.
- This job requires the repeated and coordinated use of your arms, hands, wrists, and fingers to grasp small or large objects and to use small parts (e.g., bolts, screws) and handheld tools (e.g., wrenches, screwdrivers, torque tools) to put them together.
- This job requires that you pay careful attention to what you are doing. You will need to make sure that whatever you are responsible for assembling is done safe, correct, and accurate.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive pay and shift bonus
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flexible Spending Account
- Disability Income Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Work Life Balance Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Insurances: Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Discount Programs
- Discounts on our products and services
THE ROAD FREE CREW
The Production team in Junction City includes over 25 achievers, authentic and industrious people from different backgrounds. In this role, you collaborate closely with the team to safely ensure quality products are produced for our customers!
At Camso there’s always space to grow; together we define our goals, then it’s up to you to find the way that’s right for you. Choose to work in a team that’s always on the move to achieve its dreams.
COME JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM – WHERE THE ROAD ENDS.
Camso is an equal employment opportunity employer and an affirmative action federal contractor