Diesel / Trailer Mechanics
Currently hiring Diesel and Trailer Mechanics for our Fort Recovery, OH terminal:
- Pay: $17-$27/hour (based on knowledge and experience)
- Monthly Tool Allowance
- 10% shift bonus applicable on 2nd and 3rd shifts
- $2,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Preventative maintenance on equipment
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical problems
- Perform repairs as needed or directed
- DOT inspections
- Complete necessary paperwork on equipment and work performed
- Maintain clean and safe work environment
- Ensure completed work meets federal and state codes/regulations
- Work collaboratively with other Technicians to evaluate and repair equipment
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned by Supervisor
Life Insurance - Company Paid!
Short Term Disability - Company Paid!
Optional Life Insurance
Long Term Disability
401k - Company Match Available!
The ideal candidate will possess prior knowledge and experience in servicing and repairing heavy duty trailers including brakes, electrical, metal fabrication and welding. Some truck and engine experience is preferred.
Cheeseman Transport, a leading provider of transportation and supply chain solutions, offers specialized less-than-truckload ("LTL") transportation services and truckload ("TL") services. Founded in 1946, Cheeseman Transport has grown from a single truck operation to a fleet of over 325 tractors and 1000 trailers with multiple service centers.
Cheeseman Transport develops integrated customer solutions, including direct-to-customer deliveries, multi-shipper order consolidation for inbound supplies, and express and time-definite deliveries. Designed to lower overall supply chain costs, Cheeseman Transport's one-stop shopping focuses on loads between 1,000 to 45,000 pounds (overlapping both the LTL and TL markets) and provides customers with an alternative to traditional LTL and TL carriers that may have strict load requirements. By eliminating multiple transfers and the likelihood of damage through excessive handling, Cheeseman Transport provides a cost-efficient alternative.