Truck Driver/Maintenance PersonCity of Cloquet
The City of Cloquet is currently accepting applications for a Truck Driver/Maintenance person to work in the Public Works Department. This is a full time position (40 hours) which works under the direction of the Utility Maintenance Supervisor and participates in the day to day operation of the Cloquet Utilities/Water Department, including supply and distribution for a 1.2 MGD domestic groundwater well system and a 10 MGD Industrial surface water system, and the operation and maintenance of a 55 mile long sanitary sewer collection system to insure uninterrupted service.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Description
- High School diploma or its equivalent
- Four (4) years experience with municipal wastewater collection systems or related experience
- Ability to drive maintenance vehicles safely and possess a valid Minnesota Class B Commercial Driver’s License with manual transmission endorsement
- Ability to read, understand and follow written and oral instructions including safety rules
- Ability to lift, bend, climb, reach, with overhead pushing and pulling
- Ability to perform job responsibilities in climatic extremes
- Ability to perform routine repair and maintenance tasks
- Ability to readily learn to operate small tools and minor equipment such as saws, trimmers, and riding mowers
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a crew or team
- Ability to work overtime, shift changes, or be on-call as necessary and assigned
This is a full time, hourly position. The 2020 base starting wage (40-hour work week) annualized to $42,068.84 to $55,396.33.