Fleet MechanicCITY OF GREEN
City of Green
Fleet Mechanic (Fire Division)
Annual Base Compensation: $67,872
The City of Green Civil Service Commission will conduct an examination for this full-time position on April 4, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. Application deadline is 4:00 p.m. Monday, March 12, 2018.
Under general supervision, the successful candidate will respond to emergency calls and assist with the control and suppression of fires; perform preventative and service maintenance and repair on fire division vehicles and equipment; drive to and operate equipment at fire scenes; maintain maintenance bay tools; maintain inventory and repair records.
• Completion of secondary education (high school or GED). Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
• Completion of automotive mechanic trade school and a minimum of two (2) years in maintenance and repair of gasoline and diesel-powered equipment. Trade school may not be required if additional relevant work experience beyond two (2) years is evident.
• Must possess the following ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) and EVT (Emergency Vehicle Technician) certifications; or, obtain these certifications after employment with the City: ASE (A4, A5, T4, T5) and EVT (E0, E1, F1, F2).
• Must obtain certification from the State of Ohio as a full-time firefighter within one (1) year after employment by the City.
• Must possess a Class B Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with an N endorsement preferred; and, must be able to qualify for and remain insurable under the City’s vehicle insurance policy.
• Must successfully complete all pre-employment examinations administered by the City.
Includes Ohio Police and Fire Pension Plan and City of Green Benefits Package for Fire Division.
Equal opportunity employer.
Official job title is Firefighter/Engineer.