Maintenance Workercity of mt. clemens
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the general supervision of the Utilities Supervisor and/or Crew Leader. Performs a variety of semi-skilled manual tasks to maintain and repair the City drinking water distribution, wastewater collection and storm water drainage systems. Cleans and/or repairs catch basins with hydraulic jetting/vacuum truck and excavates for repairs to water and sewer lines and appurtenances. Position is subject to placement on a rotational on-call list. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- CDL License Class B and DOT Medical Card mandatory upon application. Maintenance of a good driving record with a valid State of Michigan CDL Class B with air break endorsement and a DOT Medical Card is required.
- Must obtain Michigan Waterworks Systems Operator S-4 certification within two years of appointment
- Experience in the operation of water department equipment,
- including pavement breaker, backhoe, and dump truck in order to excavate pipes, valves, hydrants and other water and sewer appurtenances
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must have the ability to perform the essential job-related functions with or without accommodation. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must pass a background check and preemployment physical.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4:30 p.m., Monday, October 22, 2018
- Employment applications are available from the Human Resources Department, One Crocker Boulevard, Mount Clemens, MI and on the City’s Web site www.cityofmountclemens.com
- This position is governed by the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City and the Governmental Employees Labor Council, Macomb Municipal Employees Association.
- An interview, written test and/or hands on work sample may be given to all qualified candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
Human Resources Dept - KD
One Crocker Boulevard
Mount Clemens, MI 48043
Phone: 586.469.6818 opt.5