Equipment Operator I - Solid Waste (Requires CDL B)City of Panama City
Equipment Operator I - Solid Waste (Requires CDL B)
Location 9 HARRISON AVE Panama City, FL 32401 United States
Employee Type Non-Exempt
The City of Panama City is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Job Title: Equipment Operator I
Department/Division: Public Works, Solid Waste Division
Annual Pay: $25,053.16 Plus competitive benefit package
Type of position: Full-Time
Hours: 40 /week Nonexempt
This is skilled work in the operation of moderately complex equipment. Work is performed under general supervision. Operates equipment in heavy traffic and in confined spaces. This is an emergency essential position that requires performance of emergency actions to prepare, repair and recover the City before, during and after any adverse storm events (hurricane, tornado, ice storm, tropical storm, etc.) or other conditions (natural or manmade).
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Drives and operates a truck/trailer/or boom truck combination vehicle used to collect and haul yard trash and bulk waste from an assigned collection route.
- Operates other related solid waste equipment.
- Performs pre-trip/post-trip inspections for all equipment assigned.
- An employee in this job is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of the operation and maintenance of standard and specialized solid waste equipment.
- Good knowledge of traffic regulations and safe driving practices.
- Skill in the care and safe operation of assigned equipment.
- Ability to carry out oral and/or written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and the general public.
- Sufficient education to read and write.
- Possession of a current Commercial Drivers License, class B
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Summary: Occasionally - Lift/Carry: 51-100 Lbs, Push/Pull: 41-100 Lbs, Crawl Frequently - Lift/Carry: 21-50 Lbs, Push/Pull: 26-40 Lbs, Squat/Kneel, Climb, Reach Above Shoulder, Stand, Walk Constantly - Lift/Carry: 11-20 Lbs, Push/Pull: 12-25 Lbs, Bend, Twist/Turn, Reach Outward, Handling/Fingering, Sit, Drive: Automatic, Standard
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is outside year round and is constantly exposed to all weather conditions. These are intended only as illustrations of various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.