Fixed Route Bus OperatorsCoast RTA
COAST RTA is seeking Part-time Fixed Route Bus Operators for its 2017 Summer service.
Operates a bus through light to heavy city and freeway traffic, for the purpose of carrying passengers in a safe manner and in accordance with city, county, state and federal laws, as well as Company rules and policies. Ensures the highest quality of bus service is delivered to the company's customers.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities:
- Assist customers in a friendly, courteous, helpful manner. This includes assisting persons with disabilities onto and off the wheelchair lift, with safety restraints, and as requested by the customer.
- Acts as a front-line point of contact to ensure delivery of quality customer service.
- Complies with all company safety rules and operates assigned vehicles.
- Complies with all state and local laws pertaining to the operation of the vehicle.
- Makes public address announcements in accordance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations.
- Effectively utilizes paddles, manifests and other information, to follow routes and meet time points.
- Ensures an adequate supply of transfers and courtesy cards for the customers.
- Maintains an accurate timepiece.
- Carries company DOT card and Class B Passenger endorsed driver's license.
- Safely and efficiently utilizes equipment on buses, including fare boxes, wheelchair lifts, radio, and emergency equipment.
- Coordinates detour, accident and incident information to radio dispatch, and responds to instructions given.
- Submits reports, verbal and written, on accidents or incidents as required.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections to ensure bus and equipment is in safe, proper working condition.
- Makes effective independent decisions based on experience, training and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Must maintain a valid Class B with Passenger endorsed Commercial Driver's License.
- Must be able to pass an employment physical examination including substance abuse screening.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must provide a current 10 year Department of Motor Vehicle Driving Record.
Previous applicants need not apply Coast RTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.