Shuttle DriverCollege of Saint Rose
Shuttle Driver - 2nd Shift, Part Time Academic Year
About The College of Saint Rose:
The College of Saint Rose is a dynamic institution of higher education, enrolling more than 4,200 students. Located in the City of Albany, the heart of New York State's Capital Region, the College is a private, independent, coeducational institution, defined by dedicated faculty, administrators, staff?all focused on transforming the lives of our students.
Through a strong liberal education curriculum, and professional programs, Saint Rose serves four-year and transfer students and working professionals in undergraduate, graduate degree and advanced certificate programs in four academic schools: Arts and Humanities; Business; Education; and Mathematics and Sciences.
The College is preparing to celebrate its Centennial in 2020 with the launch of the 2016-2020 Strategic Plan which focuses on global connectedness, student success and fostering creativity and innovation.
Guided by our founders and continuing sponsors, the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Carondelet, the College is proud of its mission of service to the urban community. As an institution that values inclusion, we seek to attract and employ individuals who reflect the cultural diversity found within our student body, and across the nation and globe.
The primary purpose of this position is to transport students to various locations on campus grounds as well as act as a courier when needed.
- Transport students or staff and act as courier when necessary
- Conduct pre-trip safety checks of vehicles
- Pick up and deliver students safely and on schedule
- Maintain passenger and trip logs
- Make deliveries and pick up goods for the College
- Train other employees as shuttle/bus driver
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by Shift Supervisor
- Ability to complete requirements for NYS CDLC, "P" endorsement license within 12 months of date of hire.
- NYS CDLC "P" is preferred.
- One year experience transporting passengers is preferred
- A DMV report which confirms no more than two moving violations within the past 40 months.
- Ability to work well with the public
- Academic Year: work from Early August-Mid-May
- Saturday and Sunday
- 2nd shift: 4:00 pm-midnight
Pay rate: $13.25 per hour, plus $0.70 shift differential
Compensation includes eligibility for 50% tuition remission and time off benefits.
Union membership required in the Security Officers and Drivers Association; union dues will apply.
The College of Saint Rose values diversity and abides by federal, state and local law in admissions, employment and all services and programs provided. It does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion/creed, disability, age, national/ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, marital status, military status, domestic violence victim status, or any other condition established by law.
The College of Saint Rose is committed to providing a safe, supportive, and secure environment for the entire college community and upon request, will provide its annual security report. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the College, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. This report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies concerning sexual assault and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Office of Safety and Security at 518-454-5187 or on line at www.strose.edu/2016report.