How You Contribute to Columbia's Success:
From Sales to Delivery, you are the final stop in getting beverages into our customer's hands! As a Columbia Distributing Merchandiser, you will stock, rotate and merchandise our products so they are ready to sell. You will work with our sales team to provide exceptional customer service to assigned accounts.
What You'll Accomplish Day to Day:
- Drive within assigned route to work product from store back stock or delivery loads; handling cases, bottles and cans of beer, wine, spirits, and non-alcoholic beverages for the purpose of sale or storage
- Provide excellent customer service to assigned accounts
- Develop and maintain positive, cooperative and team-oriented relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers and others you come into contact with throughout your job
- Fill cold boxes and shelves with appropriate merchandise, and rotate product on an ongoing basis
- Maintain the back stock area to allow for a safe and efficient work environment
- Organize back stock to ensure accurate order writing for sales
- Build displays in stores and maintain POS (point of sale) as necessary
- Interact in direct communication with store personnel and salespeople
- Accurately clock in and out, adhering to state labor laws
- Work with merchandising and sales team members on a continual basis to train, support and evaluate needs
You're Ready to Join Our Team if You Have:
- General knowledge of industry products
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external customers
This job operates in our accounts, mostly indoors with occasional outdoor work.
- Lift/carry 35 lbs. repetitively and up to 75 lbs.
- Push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- Bend/stoop/crouch/squat/use arms/wrists/hands/grasp
- Climb stairs
- Work indoors and outdoors
- Operate equipment
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days/hours of work vary, & may include weekends & overtime as necessary.
Local travel only. Designated routes are subject to availability of specific openings at the time of hire.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED required
- Valid driver's license and auto insurance required
- Must be able to own/operate a mobile smartphone device
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous grocery or retail experience
Starting Pay Range: $14.50 per hour
Columbia Distributing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.