Road Maintenance Worker II or IIICommunity Development Department, Alpine County, CA
Road Maintenance Worker II or III
Community Development Department Alpine County, CA Salary Range Level II, 39B: ($17.43 - $21.20) per hour Level III, 40B: ($18.32 - $22.27)per hour. Alpine County is seeking Full Time Road Maintenance Worker II or III.
Pre-employment drug test required.
Under direction of the Road Maintenance Foreman to operate various light and heavy equipment in the construction, maintenance and repair of roads, bridges, and other public works within Alpine County.
Level II-One year of experience as a Road Maintenance Worker I in Alpine County, or two years of general experience in the construction, maintenance and repair of roads.
Level III- One year of experience as a Road Maintenance Worker II in Alpine County, or three years of experience in the construction, maintenance and repair of roads including at least two years of experience in the operation of heavy road maintenance equipment.
Must be in possession of a valid California/Nevada Class “A” driver’s license.
Compensation & Benefits
100% FTE in a five step salary system with advancement upon satisfactory completion of a one year probationary period and annual increases thereafter.
- Health Insurance: County provides medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and dependents with co-payment by employees, dependent upon family status.
- Vacation: Accrued at the rate of 6.67 hours per month, or 10 vacation days per year.
- Sick Leave: Earned at the rate of 8 hours per month.
- Holidays: 15 paid holidays per year.
- Retirement: Participation in the California Public Employee Retirement System (PERS), 2% at 62 plan for New Members.
- Deferred Compensation: Voluntary deferred compensation program offered.
- Alpine County is a drug, alcohol and smoke-free workplace.
Equal opportunity employer/american with disabilities act.