Service AmbassadorCommunity Transit
$20.25 Hourly - $42,125 Annually
Under minimal supervision a Service Ambassador will provide customers with a superior customer experience. A Service Ambassador will greet customers, answer questions, solicit feedback and provide information about fares and all Community Transit services while on the bus, at a transit center or other similar location. They will also verify fare payment and issue warnings to customers who do not pay. The Service Ambassador works closely with all departments and helps ensure any operational or customer issues are quickly corrected or reported for resolution.
The ideal applicant will have all of the minimum qualifications, strong customer service skills, enjoys working with a diverse group of customers
- Ability to read and write in English sufficient to convey information, follow instructions and make reports.
- Four years of experience in a face to face customer service.
- Basic computer skills to use email, open and close electronic files in a Windows environment and enter data into a computer.
- Ability to work with cross-functional departments, including law enforcement and other first responders.
- Must be able to report to various locations to begin work.
- Ride a transit bus for extended periods of operation while performing the essential duties of this job.
- Report to work on time and work any day of the week, any shift, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License on date of hire.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
Community Transit provides a tobacco-free and drug-free work environment. As a recipient of federal funds, Community Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on any basis prohibited by Federal, State or Local law. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.