RRC Warehouse Specialist
RRC Warehouse Specialist
If you thrive on opportunity and challenge, and have the confidence that your success is dependent upon your talents and efforts, then you want to be part of the Conductix-Wampfler team! Conductix-Wampfler is a growing organization that offers challenging and rewarding opportunities in the electrification and cable management markets.
In this position, you'll be an important part of the RRC Team. Duties include:
• Packaging and shipping product to customer specifications
• Determining product container requirements to ensure safe delivery to customer
• Planning incoming product disposition
• Processing pack slips, bill of lading, export paperwork and expedite orders
• Conferring with sales, manufacturing and quality on product and customer complaint issues
• Receiving incoming materials, PO's, and raw materials per company quality requirements
• Conduct daily operations in a safe and team oriented atmosphere
This is a multi-faceted position in a medium-sized organization. You must be able to interact comfortably with other departments on a regular basis. Must like a fast-paced environment. This position requires a high level of detail.
Qualified candidates will possess a minimum:
• 1-2 years of hands on shipping and receiving experience
• Forklift experience a plus, will train
• Overhead crane experience a plus, will train
• Experience with measurement devices a must
• Crating or carpentry experience a plus, will train
• UPS Worldship experience a plus
• Export paperwork experience at plus
• Understanding SDS/Hazcom shipping regulations
If you have the initiative to "get things done" and possess exceptional communication and time management skills, we want to talk with you. Conductix-Wampfler offers an excellent pay, benefit and profit sharing package along with continued personal and career development opportunities.
This position is located at the Regional Repair Center (RRC). Primary responsibilities (~75%) are shipping, receiving, and coordination of Return Material Authorizations (RMAs). Also responsible for inventory management within the RRC and may perform basic RMA repair work at times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Shipping and Receiving. Performs all shipping and receiving activity for all stock inventory and customer RMAs. Shipping and Receiving activities are the first priority for this position.
• RMA Coordination. Coordinates RMA activities and communication, from initial customer contact through final product disposition. RMA coordination is the second priority for this position.
- Determines why a customer wants to return a product and makes an initial determination how best to proceed.
- Provides customers with RMA numbers and coordinates product returns.
- Expedites communication of RMA evaluations and coordinates efforts with Factory Service Technicians (FST) in order to report findings back to the customer and obtain customer agreement.
- Enters new Corrective Action Reports (CAR) into the Quality System and updates existing CARs when the RMA is related to a customer complaint or product deficiency under warranty.
- Consults with FSTs as needed for complex issues and product failures.
- Works with FSTs as needed to determine a proper settlement with the customer and final disposition of goods.
• Inventory Management. Manages all inventory materials stored at the RRC. Includes receiving products and RMAs; stocking materials; shipping RMAs and sales orders; and determining optimal stocking strategies and locations to maximize efficient workflow within the RRC.
• Basic Repair Work. Under the guidance of the FSTs, occasionally performs basic repairs of RMAs when workload allows.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
• Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Meets commitments.
• Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Ability to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
• Quality - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Diversity - Promotes a harassment-free environment.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Develops realistic action plans.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
• Safety and Security – Consistently observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
•Attendance/Punctuality/Dependability - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time; is highly responsive to coworkers and customers.
• Initiative - Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Shipping, Receiving, Inventory Management experience and/or electromechanical technical experience preferred but not required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general paperwork, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from colleagues, supervisors, clients, customers, and the general public. Bi-lingual and/or multi-lingual candidates are a plus.
Ability to work with simple mathematical concepts and calculations, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to regularly convert between metric and standard units of measure.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract or concrete variables.
Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of SAP or common freight programs is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, and talk or hear. Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.