Bus OperatorCT Transit
Safely operating transit buses on routes, providing courteous, helpful customer service; collecting fares; following schedules; maintaining excellent attendance and working cooperatively with other employees on the team.
Must be available to work days, nights, weekends, split shifts and holidays as assigned.
Examples of Duties:
Operates transit buses and wheelchair lifts, collects fares and verifies valid passes and identification cards, receives and transmits communications over a two-way radio, coordinates passenger transfers, reports schedule delays, completes and files reports including accidents, detours, vehicle inspections, fares and passes, and other incidents, makes recommendations for safety and route improvements.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 21 years old, valid CDL required (Class A or B)
- Endorsements are P and in addition either: S or V or F or A (CDIP Accepted)
- No more than (1) moving violation in the last 3 years
- Minimum (1) year experience in a position requiring excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work all shifts (which includes nights, weekends, holidays and split shifts)
- Must not have outside employment that interferes with employment at CTTRANSIT
- Ability to pass DOT physical exam, and pending CDL tests, pre-employment testing and meet the physical requirements of the position
- Must be able to attend training (training rate is $15.00/hour)
- Must be able to effectively read, write and comprehend basic English.
CTtransit is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities