CDL Class A Driver | Home DailyD.M. Bowman
Indianapolis, IN Full-time
Posted on April 1, 2019
- Transport and deliver freight safely and on time by driving diesel-powered tractor-trailer with dry-van(53 feet in length) on highways and local streets.
- This opportunity can be comprised of Home Daily runs.
JOB DUTIES(job duties include the following, but this list is not intended to be all inclusive)
- Conduct pre-trip and post trip inspections of tractor and trailer to include climbing into the tractor cab (using the three points of contact philosophy) checking the interior, walking around the outside of the tractor and trailer checking for damage, checking tire air pressure, climbing into the trailer to check the interior for damage. Reporting any damage through the electronic system.
- Inspect truck for defects, and make sure they are in safe operating condition before, during and after trips. Submit a written report on the condition of the truck after each trip or tour of duty using the electronic system.
- Refueling the tractor as needed in the course of a delivery using the fuel solution provided an after return to the yard.
- Hook and unhook tractor/trailer, including pushing and/or pulling dollies into place and cranking lever to raise and lower landing gear on semi-trailers.
- Load and unload trailer, either individually or with assistance of dock workers, with or without mechanical freight-handling equipment. Over 85% of loads are drop and hook with pre loaded trailers.
- Perform frequent lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying of freight.
- Check shipping papers to determine nature of load and check for hazardous materials.
- Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic or in tight loading dock areas.
- Ensure that all shipping documentation required to move shipments is available for inspection and that appropriate paperwork accompanies shipment when delivered.
- Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations, including driver’s logs, fuel purchase records, mileage records, and other records required by law.
- Complete all required paperwork and computer entries accurately, completely and timely.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and comply with all federal, state and local regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Report all accidents involving driver or company equipment immediately to your Safety Manager using the company emergency response policy.
- Maintain the cab of the tractor in a clean and orderly manner.
- Must be physically able to perform all functions required of Truck Drivers in the Division you are assigned.
Job Type: Full-time