CDL A Route Relief DriverDean Foods
Drive for the leader in dairy! As a driver at Dean Foods, you will be home every night. Our drivers safely deliver/unload various dairy products to an assigned route. We have great opportunities immediately available for dependable Class A CDL Tractor Trailer Drivers, rate of pay $23.40 per hour! As you grow your career, we provide additional advancement opportunities.
Dean Foods provides excellent benefits, including: Affordable Medical, Dental, Vision programs, Life Insurance, Matching 401(k) benefits, Vacation.
Shift: Days and hours will vary as this is a relief position.
Job Description and Requirements
- Drives a Tractor Trailer and relieves a Route Service Driver based on the daily needs of the delivery operation (vacation, sick, etc.); not assigned to a specific route or day; delivers on a Straight or Pup Truck.
- Deliver product to customers in an efficient, timely, courteous and accurate manner.
- Ensure that all accounts are maintained according to the published schematics.
- Secure and maintain distribution of all authorized company products.
- Promote the addition and sales of new products.
- Ensure sufficient route inventory levels to meet customer demands while adhering to account inventory control and company distribution procedures.
- Submit all customer paperwork and deposits daily; including invoices, load orders, and handheld reports.
- Maintain proper handheld records for all accounts.
- Load or unload cases of product manually with hook, handcart or pallet-jack onto and off the truck. Ensure load is properly secured.
- Collect empty cases.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Stock and/or rotate product on shelves or in cold room.
- Reset product displays.
- Must maintain idle time to company standards
- Must be able to complete assigned route within DOT time regulations.
- Implement and maintain plan o gram integrity and Point of sale material where needed.
- Maintain a valid Class A CDL and current DOT medical card. Per Company and/or DOT regulations, report any moving violations to management immediately.
- Checks load security prior to travel and at each stop, making adjustments when needed.
- Know and comply with all Department of Transportation regulations per the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations handbook.
- Complete all daily DOT and customer paperwork including delivery tickets, pre and post trip inspections, driver logs, and vehicle service reports.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year DF CDLA route experience required.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Must be able to drive, stand, walk, kneel, lift and bend required for virtually the entire shift.
- Balance-pulling product, climb in and out of truck.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to six cases on hand truck. (cases weigh 20 to 55 lbs.).
- Must be able to work in indoor and outdoor environment with moderate noise, sometimes slippery floors. Temperature range from 34-120 degrees F.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess and maintain a CDL Class A with Air Brake endorsement.
- Must have a clean driving record. * Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.