Utility Senior Technician - Moffat Tunnel HeadquartersDenver Water
Utility Senior Technician - Moffat Tunnel Headquarters
Salary Range: $18.75 per hour (minimum), $23.63 per hour (mid), $28.51 per hour (maximum)
Hiring Salary Range: $18.75 per hour (min) up to $23.63 per hour (mid) Full Time, Regular position, 7 day shifts on rotation
Location of position: Moffat Tunnel Headquarters
Opening Date: January 2, 2019
Closing Date: January 16, 2019
Applications will be accepted until a sufficient number are received.
Denver Water reserves the right to either close or extend a posting.
Denver Water's Operations and Maintenance/ Source of Supply Division in Moffat Tunnel Headquarters is currently seeking a qualified candidate to assist us as a Utility Senior Technician. Under general supervision, this individual will perform a variety of laboring and unskilled to semi-skilled duties related to the operation and maintenance of treatment plants, transmission & distribution, and source of supply. Additionally, clean tools, trucks, and worksite while on a job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform semi-skilled and diverse tasks including right-of-way maintenance, digging, lifting, mixing and finishing concrete, road repair, tree removal, and snow removal
- Operate and maintain a variety of light duty and heavy equipment including, utility trucks, tandem axle trucks, loaders, skid steers, maintainer/grader, tampers, jackhammers and boating equipment and construction tools
- Skilled in construction trades such as framing, drywall, painting, roofing, siding, fencing and door/window repairs
- Competent use of a variety of tools including hand and power tools, measuring devices, snow removal equipment, power washers, lawn mowers and weed trimmers Ensure the unrestricted flow of water in canals, ditches, conduits and tunnels Assist team members in maintaining tools, equipment, and work areas in a safe, clean and orderly condition
- Communicate and interact with internal and external customers, contractors, and the general public Perform landscape maintenance including mowing, tree trimming, and weed and pest control
- May be required to perform on call duty, work shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as directed, and work outdoors in a variety of high alpine conditions
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to perform all work safely according to organization's established safety programs
- Candidates should be able work independently and prioritize work load according to changing needs
- Basic computer competencies
- Perform related work as required
This position does not have formal supervisor responsibilities over the other employees Minimum Qualifications Education and Experience High School Diploma or GED Minimum 1 year of related work experience Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities
Licenses, Registration and Certifications: Requires possession of a standard Colorado driver's license (ability to obtain within 1 month of hire) Required to possess a Class 'B' or Class 'A' Colorado Commercial Driver's License as directed within six months of appointment May require HIPAA Training
Skills/Competencies: The use of power and hand tools The operation of a variety of power equipment and light trucks Customer service
About Denver Water:
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.4 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Denver Water aspires to be the best water utility in the nation. The organization is a responsible steward of the resources, assets and natural environment entrusted to us in order to provide a high-quality water supply, a resilient and reliable system, and excellent customer service. Denver Water is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is prohibited on all Denver Water property.
Denver Water offers excellent benefits that include a pension plan, a 401K Plan with 3% match, a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, Health and Dental coverage, Life Insurance, and Paid Time Off. A background check will be conducted to verify information submitted on application.
An offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory results of a post-offer drug test. For a position of this type, Denver Water tests for the following: amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana (THC), opiates, phencyclidine (PCP), and alcohol. All positions require a Worker's Compensation Background check. A strength test will also be conducted due to the physical requirements of the position. Denver Water is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, military status, or marital status in making employment or business decisions. It also prohibits sexual harassment in the workplace or in its dealings with the public. The organization encourages and welcomes diversity of backgrounds in its workforce.
Denver Water complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA).
Veronica Hernandez 1600 W. 12th Ave. Denver, CO. 80204-3412 Veronica.Hernandez@denverwater.org