FORKLIFT OPERATORS/ SANITATION/ TASKERS/ LINE LEAD POSITIONDHL SUPPLY CHAIN
HIRING EVENT JANUARY 13, 2018
Forklift Operators / Sanitation/Taskers /Line Lead Position
Saturday, January 13, 2018
DHL Supply Chain
4500 Northport Pkwy
Roanoke, TX 76262
On January 13th from 9am-12pm, we will be interviewing hard-working and dedicated people like you for numerous Forklift Operator/Sanitation roles on the following shifts:
- 4:00 AM – Noon- Monday- Saturday
- 4:00 PM – Midnight - Monday-Saturday
- Weekend shifts – Friday-Sunday
**If you cannot attend the event or would like to pre-qualify, please express your interest by applying online.
The Forklift Operator is responsible for operating powered equipment for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking, and counting product while checking all inbound and outbound products. The role ensures products are free of damage and infestation, product code dates are properly recorded and products match customer requirements. The position is committed to safety and contributing to a safe and clean work environment.
Responsibilities for Forklift Operators
- Load, unload, move, stock, and stage products and materials using a forklift, clamp truck, or other power equipment 80% of specified shift. Other 20% of shift will be case picking.
- Pull and prepare product for shipment ensuring the exact number and types of product is loaded.
- Keep appropriate records and reports for inventory accuracy.
- Comply with all OSHA and MSDS standards.
- Verify load accuracy; check the load count, stability, and product damage, Report variances as necessary.
- Use of RF scanning equipment and LMS warehouse management systems.
- Changes equipment battery or LP tank and monitors power source as necessary.
- Maintain the facility's equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- Assist in physical inventories.
- Complete daily inspection of equipment.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management or customer.
Requirements for Forklift Operators:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- 6 months warehousing and inventory experience required
- Ability to work specified shift
- Ability to follow work procedures and safety rules
- Ability to read, understand, and follow directions/instructions
- Ability to use automated inventory control equipment
- Have appropriate eye, hand and foot coordination to properly use various equipment and/or tools
- Ability to load/unload, lift/move equipment/product which may weigh up to 100 pounds
- Ability to mount and dismount forklift through the duration of the shift which requires bending, stretching, stepping, reaching, climbing, and stooping
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, crouch, stoop, reach, stretch, step, climb and/or sit frequently or through the duration of the shift
Pre-employment assessment, drug screening, and background check are required.
DHL Supply Chain is part of the SUPPLY CHAIN division of Deutsche Post DHL Group, the world's leading logistics and mail Communications Company, with over 325,000 people in practically every country on the planet.
DHL Supply Chain offers competitive salary and full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance and 401(k) participation with company matching for all full time associates.
We are looking forward to your application
DHL Supply Chain would like to thank everyone who submits a resume for this position. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. DHL Supply Chain is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify.
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVING LIVES.