Visitor Services Transportation ConciergeDi Rosa Center For Contemporary Art
Visitor Services Transportation Concierge
Summary: The Visitor Services Transportation Concierge works under the supervision of the Visitor
Service Manager within di Rosa’s Department of Education & Civic Engagement. The Concierge position
provides transportation to visitors on the art center property as they engage with di Rosa’s grounds, tours,
events and public programs. The ideal candidate works well both independently and collaboratively, has
excellent customer service skills, and demonstrates discretion with di Rosa’s patrons.
About di Rosa: di Rosa Center for Contemporary Art presents contemporary exhibitions and
educational programs for all ages and maintains a permanent collection of notable works by artists
living or working in the San Francisco Bay Area from the mid-twentieth century to the present day.
A wide range of styles, media, and subject matter provides an overview of the creative energy and
freedom to experiment that characterize this region of California. Protected in perpetuity under the
Napa County Land Trust, di Rosa features multiple galleries, a sculpture park, and a 35-acre lake,
all located on 217 scenic acres in Napa Valley’s famed Carneros region.
- Provide transportation to visitors on the art center property as they engage with di Rosa’s
grounds and tours, events and public programs
- Physically assist visitors as needed embarking and disembarking from the shuttle
- Monitor vehicle safety and alert appropriate staff of any concerns or maintenance
- Monitor vehicle cleanliness and tend to daily vehicle dusting and cleaning needs, in
coordination with facilities team
Visitor Services (30%)
- Assist visitors by answering questions, providing general direction and information
- Assist the visitor services team with special assignments
- Attend to visitor safety and alert appropriate staff of any concerns
- Learn exhibition materials relevant to support visitor inquiries
Education and Civic Engagement Departmental Support (10%)
- Work collaboratively with other departments to provide support for tours, programs, events,
and membership needs
- Proactively engage in education training to build and maintain knowledge of education
- Attend di Rosa staff meetings, interdepartmental meetings (VS/ED/Ops), and departmental
meetings upon request
- Other Duties as assigned
- 2 years in the visitor services trade on a large campus
- Dependable, punctual, courteous, and possess excellent customer service skills
- A valid California Driver's License (Class C--regular license) and a 3-year DMV printout
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work weekends and occasional nights and holidays as necessary
- Ability to work well independently; proven resourcefulness and a problem solver
- Interest or background in the arts strongly preferred
Working Conditions: Applicants must be comfortable with and enjoy nature. Must possess a car and
valid driver’s license and be willing to work occasional nights and weekends
Physical Demands: This position will include a large amount of moving between buildings and on event
sites. It requires an ability to stand, walk, move and remain active consistently and for lengthy periods.
Ability to lift 50 pounds. Ability to perform routine bending, stooping, twisting, and reaching. The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job.
To Apply, Please Provide the Following:
- Resume with education, employment history, salary requirements, and contact information for
No phone calls please.