Fort Morgan is looking for a feedmill operator, feed truck driver, pen rider and cattle doctor. If you have a desire to work for a growing company with a competitive salary and excellent benefits including health, life, dental, and vision insurance, in addition to 401(K) and profit sharing plans with company contributions.
DINKLAGE FEEDYARDS, INC. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
JOB TITLE: Mill Loader Operator
REPORTS TO: Feedmill Manager
FUNCTION: Utilizes a front end loader to maintain adequate supply for daily cattle feeding.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures feed production by maintaining adequate supply of roughage in box; transports silage from pile to mill using a front end loader.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing servicing requirements and notifying the Mill Manager of issues with equipment.
- Cleans areas by shoveling, sweeping or blowing spilled roughage.
- Complies with all applicable safety rules and policies.
- Additional duties may be assigned
- Experience operating heavy equipment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to read and follow department safety manual, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in different forms.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and is sometimes required to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to silage particles. The employee is frequently exposed moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
PPE is required to be worn at all times.
COMPETENCY: Demonstrate understanding of Company policies, adapt to changes in the work environment, exhibit sound and accurate judgment, observe safety and security procedures, and report potentially unsafe conditions.