Route Delivery Driver - Class A CDLDouglas Companies
Route Delivery Driver
$35,000 - $60,000 a year
CDL A Required Route Delivery Driver
Douglas Companies is a family-owned and operated company located in central Arkansas. Focused on distribution to the convenience store and small grocery channel, we are enjoying our 44th year in business. Our company has experienced positive growth and expansion over the last several years and we were proud to be included in the top 50 of “The 75 Largest Privately Held Companies in Arkansas” as noted in Arkansas Business.This growth has led to the need to expand our team. Apply now to be part of the excitement and opportunity at Douglas Companies!
Our Route Delivery Drivers play a vital role in the success of our company. The primary role of our Delivery Drivers is to provide excellent customer service to our awesome customers by making prompt and courteous deliveries. Positive interaction with our customers is a Must as is performing all job responsibilities in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
- Arrive to work on time and ready to serve your customers. This includes reviewing all customer order documents before departing warehouse.
- Conduct daily safety inspections of delivery truck, tractor and trailer before departing the warehouse.
- Arrive to work appropriately dressed in delivery uniform and in compliance with company grooming policies.
- Transport and deliver various product to customer locations.
- Operate company vehicle in a safe manner obeying all traffic laws; follow safe lifting and maneuvering procedures while making product deliveries.
- Deliver and Check-in delivery at customer location in compliance with company guidelines and procedures.
- Collect any cash receipt transactions by customers and return to company Accounting Department as specified.
- Full-Time Availability.
- CDL Class A License required.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Safe Driving Records (MVR plus previous employer information will be reviewed)
- All drivers must pass a Department of transportation pre-employment drug screen and meet Department of transportation medical requirements.
- High School Education or Equivalent.
- Must be physically fit and capable of lifting up to 50 pounds; although average lifting is 20 pounds or less.
- Must be able to read and count accurately and perform simple mathematical skills.
- Must conduct and complete all assigned tasks with competency.
- Must operate delivery vehicle and perform all tasks Safely!
- Must be a Team Player and Enjoy people!
Benefits of Employment
- Guaranteed minimum salary; but when on delivery route, compensated by standard rate of miles, stops and pieces.
- Attendance Bonus-Quarterly
- Safety Bonus-Quarterly
- Overnight Allowances where applicable
- Monday-Friday work days. More time at home
- No Weekends.
- Company assisted Uniform and Footwear Program.
- Salary Range: $35,000-$60,000.
- Medical Health Insurance (largely employer funded)
- Group Life Insurance (employer funded)
- Supplemental Insurances (Dental, Vision, Life and Short-Term Disability)
- 401,000 Retirement Plan.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) benefits.
- It’s a Great Place to work with Great People!
We are Excited about our Future and would Welcome You to our Team!