Bus OperatorsEagle County Government
Winter Seasonal Bus Operator Now - Mid April
- $19.10 per hour or higher depending on experience
- $250 sign on bonus
- Eligible for an end of the season bonus of up to $1000 or a ski pass
- Employee housing available
- $675 per month
Perform full operation of buses to provide transportation to the public in a safe, efficient and service oriented manner.
Weekend/holiday work required. No bus driving experience necessary.
Training to obtain CDL provided
Creating a better Eagle County for All 0 Creating a better Eagle County for All
Example of Duties:
- Picks up, transports and drops off passengers on a prescribed route, in accordance with schedules and local, state and federal laws and standards.
- Performs a thorough federally mandated pre-trip inspection of bus prior to each trip to assure vehicle is in proper working order. Completes post-trip inspection at the end of each shift to assess any maintenance needs.
- Maintains and practices safe defensive driving techniques with constant attention to speed and the external environment.
- Assists disabled passengers entering and exiting vehicle including providing ADA services to disabled passengers according to policy and procedures and federal guidelines; communicates special safety instructions. Maintains guest relations by monitoring comfort needs of passengers.
- Provides riders with schedule/route information and trip planning assistance to effectively reach their desired destinations.
- Proficiency in the operation of equipment concerning transit operations including automated fare box system, computer aided dispatch communication systems, emergency alert system and security cameras.
- Verifies that all paperwork submitted to dispatch is fully compliant – including but not limited to accident and incident reports and vehicle inspection forms (pre/post trip).
- Performs other related duties as assigned
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.