Winter Seasonal Bus DriversEagle County Government
Winter Seasonal Bus Drivers $19.10 - $25.47
No experience required split shifts. Perks include seasonal bonus or ski pass, free CMC classes and discounted gym memberships. Limited housing available. Creating a better Eagle County for All.
The bus operator will perform full operation of buses to provide transportation to the public in a safe and efficient manner with strong customer service. Must be prepared to work split shifts, weekends, holidays, and a schedule that could include working until 3:30 a.m.
No experience necessary!
Check out this video to learn more about ECO.
Schedule: The position will work up to 40 hours per week, based on operational needs mid-Oct to mid-April. (Start dates: Non CDL 10/14/19 (4 weeks paid training). CDL / with Passenger Endorsement 10/21/19 (3 weeks paid training)).
Bonus: $250 after training paid out 1st pay check in January. $1000 end of season bonus for 40 hours per week or choice of a merchant ski passes for Vail Resorts.
Limited Employee Housing Available: Lake Creek Apartments; Edwards CO, Deposit & Security paid by ECO Transit; 1 bedroom, (in a 2 bedroom unit) with shared common living. $675/month per person, no pets.
- Picks up, transports and drops off passengers on a prescribed route, in accordance with schedules and local, state and federal laws and standards.
- Performs a thorough federally mandated pre-trip inspection of bus prior to each trip to assure vehicle is in proper working order. Completes post-trip inspection at the end of each shift to assess any maintenance needs.
- Maintains and practices safe defensive driving techniques with constant attention to speed and the external environment.
- Assists disabled passengers entering and exiting vehicle including providing ADA services to disabled passengers according to policy and procedures and federal guidelines; communicates special safety instructions. Maintains guest relations by monitoring comfort needs of passengers.
- Provides riders with schedule/route information and trip planning assistance to effectively reach their desired destinations.
- Proficiency in the operation of equipment concerning transit operations including automated fare box system, computer aided dispatch communication systems, emergency alert system and security cameras.
- Verifies that all paperwork submitted to dispatch is fully compliant – including but not limited to accident and incident reports and vehicle inspection forms (pre/post trip).
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of transit system operating rules, regulations and routes. Safety practices and procedures related to transit vehicle operation and public safety. Safe and efficient operation of county vehicles. Recognizing potentially hazardous situations in traffic on the roadway.
- Ability to pass required drug and alcohol test per federal and state regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to maintain a CDL license including passing a Department of Transportation health screening physical.
- Ability to read, understand and follow written and verbal instruction in order to operate bus.
- Ability to understand federal and state regulations, traffic laws and County policies regarding vehicle operation.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to be courteous of citizens while transporting and performing other duties.
- Ability to concentrate and pay attention to possible traffic hazards.
- Incumbent is required to sit for extended periods of time and may occasionally be required to use physical ability to assist passengers when necessary.
- Ability to physically assist passengers when necessary.
- Frequent exposure to driving on county roads in a variety of weather conditions.
- Exposure to dust, dirt and grease and moving parts associated with driving a bus.
- Valid Colorado driver's license and a satisfactory motor vehicle record.
- CDL permit prior to hire and then class B with passenger endorsement must be obtained within 30 days of hire date.
- Class B CDL with passenger endorsement - preferred.
- Must have own transportation; shifts start early / shifts end late.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.