The job of "Bus Mechanic" is done for the purpose/s of determining needed repairs
and/or replacements on a vehicle; ensuring the availability of vehicles in safe operating
condition; and providing written documentation of repairs to meet district, state and
● Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in
the completion of their work activities.
● Cleans assigned vehicles, both interior/exterior for the purpose of providing safe
ingress and egress from buses including both emergency situations and normal
● Diagnoses potential vehicle malfunctions for the purpose of determining needed
vehicle repairs and/or replacements.
● Drives school buses and/or vans as needed for the purpose of transporting
students over scheduled routes and/or special excursions.
● Executes preventive vehicle maintenance programs for the purpose of
maintaining vehicles in a safe operating condition.
● Maintains tools, equipment and/or shop area for the purpose of ensuring the
availability and functioning of required tools and equipment within a safe work
● Performs minor body work (e.g. front ends, fenders, etc.) for the purpose of
maintaining the appearance and safe operation of the vehicles.
● Prepares documentation (e.g. repairs, maintenance records etc.) for the purpose
of providing written support and/or information to comply with regulating
● Repairs vehicle systems/components, etc. for the purpose of ensuring the
availability of vehicles in safe operating condition.
● Replaces defective vehicle parts/systems for the purpose of ensuring the
availability of vehicles in a safe operating condition.
● Other duties as assigned.