Night Fleet Care TechnicianECO Transit
Night Fleet Care Technician
ECO Transit - $16.13-20.16 per hour. Winter season night shift. Work at night! Play during the day! Cleans, services and moves transit vehicles & equipment. Performs janitorial and building maintenance duties in bus wash as needed. Evening/night /early morning hours required. Winter Season November Mid April. Position may be filled on a part time (20 hours) or full time (40 hours) depending on candidate. Hours of operation will be between 5 pm and 1:30 am.
Example of Duties
- Performs routine servicing, fueling, cleaning and washing of buses and automotive equipment. Assists mechanics as necessary.
- Cleans interiors of buses both by hand and with pressurized and power equipment, including floors, walls, mirrors, ceilings, carpet and upholstery.
- Removes and replaces revenue vaults from fare buses at the end of a driver's shift.
- Responsible for the prompt pull-out of assigned vehicles and stacking of buses for the next morning's shifts.
- Operates and parks buses and automotive equipment, both inside and outside of the maintenance facility.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly manner. Monitors supplies and orders as necessary.
- Provides Transit & Trails Supervisor with routine email correspondence about supplies, equipment issues, and other work related tools and tasks.
- Performs janitorial and building maintenance duties as assigned or needed.
- Records mileage, fuel and fluid usage. Checks and refills multiple types of fluids daily and records quantities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications:
- One to two years of related work experience required, or, any combination of education and experience which produces the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Ability to perform principles and procedures common to routine bus/automotive washing, fueling and servicing.
- Ability to safely operate light- and medium-duty trucks, heavy-duty buses and forklifts.
- Communicates effectively with other employees.
- Ability to plan and organize work activities.
- Occasionally lift objects weighing 25 to 50 lbs.
- Requires ability to intermittently stand, stoop, or sit. Typically standing, walking, bending, or crouching. Use of hands and fingers in washing and fueling. Able to climb ladders.
Licensure, Certification, or Registration:
Must possess a valid state driver's license and a satisfactory motor vehicle record. Ability to pass and maintain a CDL Class B license upon hire or within 6 months of hire date required.
Creating a better Eagle County for All.