Summer Seasonal and Part-Time Bus OperatorECO Transit
Summer Seasonal and Part-time Bus Operator
- $19.10 per hour or higher depending on experience $250 sign on bonus Employee housing available.
- $500/ month located in Edwards Perform full operation of buses to provide transportation to the public in a safe, efficient and service oriented manner. Weekend/ holiday work required. No bus driving experience necessary. Training to obtain CDL provided.
Example of Duties
- Picks up, transports and drops off passengers on a prescribed route, in accordance with schedules and local, state and federal laws and standards.
- Performs a thorough federally mandated pre-trip inspection of bus prior to each trip to assure vehicle is in proper working order. Completes post-trip inspection at the end of each shift to assess any maintenance needs.
- Maintains and practices safe defensive driving techniques with constant attention to speed and the external environment.
- Assists disabled passengers entering and exiting vehicle including providing ADA services to disabled passengers according to policy and procedures and federal guidelines; communicates special safety instructions. Maintains guest relations by monitoring comfort needs of passengers.
- Provides riders with schedule/route information and trip planning assistance to effectively reach their desired destinations.
- Proficiency in the operation of equipment concerning transit operations including automated fare box system, computer aided dispatch communication systems, emergency alert system and security cameras.
- Verifies that all paperwork submitted to dispatch is fully compliant – including but not limited to accident and incident reports and vehicle inspection forms (pre/post trip).
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of transit system operating rules, regulations and routes. Safety practices and procedures related to transit vehicle operation and public safety. Safe and efficient operation of county vehicles. Recognizing potentially hazardous situations in traffic on the roadway.
- Ability to pass required drug and alcohol test per federal and state regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to maintain a CDL license including passing a Department of Transportation health screening physical.
- Ability to read, understand and follow written and verbal instruction in order to operate bus.
- Ability to understand federal and state regulations, traffic laws and County policies regarding vehicle operation.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to be courteous of citizens while transporting and performing other duties.
- Ability to concentrate and pay attention to possible traffic hazards.
- Incumbent is required to sit for extended periods of time and may occasionally be.
- Ability to physically assist passengers when necessary.
- Frequent exposure to driving on county roads in a variety of weather conditions.
- Exposure to dust, dirt and grease and moving parts associated with driving a bus.
Licensure, Certification, or Registration:
- Valid Colorado driver's license and a satisfactory motor vehicle record.
- CDL permit prior to hire and then class B with passenger endorsement must be obtained within 30 days of hire date.
- Class B CDL with passenger endorsement preferred.
Creating a better Eagle County for All.