CDL A DriversFed-Ex Ground
Do you currently have a Class A CDL with endorsements?
Want a job with comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision care, pension plan, tuition reimbursement and much more? Want a job where you’re home every day? Our Gypsum, CO center is looking for city and road drivers.
- City Driver (434717BR)
Pick up and deliver freight between Service Centers and customers and support the selling process.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
1. Operate tractor-trailer combination, including doubles (and triples, where applicable) and/or straight trucks.
2. Perform daily pre-trip and safety inspections on equipment.
3. Hook/unhook trailers and converter dollies to/from a tractor and/or trailer.
4. Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including but not limited to: forklift, pallet jack and hand truck.
5. Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies, including but not limited to: pallets, straps and rope.
6. Recoup/repair damaged freight when necessary.
7. Verify and complete required documentation and reports.
8. Comply with hazardous material regulations and procedures.
9. Collect cash or checks for freight charges, as required, and maintain required documentation.
10. Follow dispatch instructions and communicate with dispatch as required, including but not limited to: delays, arrivals and equipment problems.
11. Communicate with customers to determine pick-up or delivery needs and solicit additional business.
12. Demonstrate internal and external customer service.
13. Ask for additional business from customers, and provide leads to sales for potential new opportunities.
14. May be required to perform chaining of vehicle tires.
15. May be required to perform job duties of a road driver or a dock employee where operationally necessary.
16. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures.
17. Perform other duties as required.
- Road Driver (435155BR)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.