City Driver #425336BRFedEx Freight
Driver Job #425336BR
FedEx Freight City Driver Nitro, WV Begin your career with the FedEx Team as a Tractor Trailer Driver and be a part of one of the most well-known and reliable companies in the world.
Pick up and deliver freight between Service Centers and customers and support the selling process.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
1. Operate tractor-trailer combination, including doubles (and triples, where applicable) and/or straight trucks.
2. Perform daily pre-trip and safety inspections on equipment.
3. Hook/unhook trailers and converter dollies to/from a tractor and/or trailer.
4. Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including but not limited to: forklift, pallet jack and hand truck.
5. Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies, including but not limited to: pallets, straps and rope.
6. Recoup/repair damaged freight when necessary.
7. Verify and complete required documentation and reports.
8. Comply with hazardous material regulations and procedures.
9. Collect cash or checks for freight charges, as required, and maintain required documentation.
10. Follow dispatch instructions and communicate with dispatch as required, including but not limited to: delays, arrivals and equipment problems.
11. Communicate with customers to determine pick-up or delivery needs and solicit additional business.
12. Demonstrate internal and external customer service.
13. Ask for additional business from customers, and provide leads to sales for potential new opportunities.
14. May be required to perform chaining of vehicle tires.
15. May be required to perform job duties of a road driver or a dock employee where operationally necessary.
16. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures.
17. Perform other duties as required.
* At least 21 years old.
* Class A CDL with Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tank endorsements.
* 1 year driving experience within the last 36 months.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule.
* Clean motor vehicle record Additional requirements will be found on the website listed below.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.